Fehr Bros. RoHS Statement
The RoHS directive, enacted in the European Union in 2002 and ratified recently in 2015 (RoHS 3), stands for Restriction of Hazardous Substances. This directive impacts the Electronics and Electrical Equipment (EEE) industries and affects any business that sells applicable electronic products, equipment, sub-assemblies, cables (electrical), components or spare parts (as related to the product categories below) to EU countries.
The list of restricted products is as follows:
- Lead (Pb): < 1000 ppm
- Mercury (Hg): < 100 ppm
- Cadmium (Cd): < 100 ppm
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr VI): < 1000 ppm
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB): < 1000 ppm
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE): < 1000 ppm
- Bis(2-Ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP): < 1000 ppm
- Benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP): < 1000 ppm
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP): < 1000 ppm
- Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP): < 1000 ppm
The product categories affected are:
- Large household appliances: refrigerators, washers, stoves, air conditioners
- Small household appliances: vacuum cleaners, hair dryers, coffee makers, irons
- Computing & communications equipment: computers, printers, copiers, phones
- Consumer electronics: TVs, DVD players, stereos, video cameras
- Lighting: lamps, lighting fixtures, light bulbs
- Power tools: drills, saws, nail guns, sprayers, lathes, trimmers, blowers
- Toys and sports equipment: videogames, electric trains, treadmills
- Medical devices and equipment
- Control and monitoring equipment
- Automatic dispensers: vending machines, ATM machines
- Catch-all: all other electronic and electrical equipment (EEE) not covered under the other categories
The majority of the products distributed by Fehr Bros Industries, while they may contain some level of Lead or Chromium, do not fall under the scope of this directive, in that they are not designed for use in the above product categories. Products that are used in conjunction with the listed categories, but which are not homogenous to the end product, are not covered under the scope of the directive.
Certain fasteners like Tek Screws, Machine screws, Track Bolts and Carriage Bolts may fall under the scope, if used in the above product categories.
Please contact your Fehr Bros. Representative if you intend to use our products in one of the above product categories, to discuss compliance of the applicable materials.